22 August 2010

A memorable weekend



I thought I would post something today due to the unexpected events of the last 24 hours.

While the Australian parliament is hung, making most free-thinking intelligent voters ashamed to be Australian, Melbourne has taken a decidedly left-wing stance by putting up the green flags. A green oasis in a conservative xenophobic desert.
There she goes my beautiful world...
Also 2 people have killed themselves at a Belgian music festival, one of whom was the singer of Ou Est Le Swimming pool after performing by throwing himself off a telecommunications mast. I'm sure there's going to be some ignorant fuck fucks who blame this on drugs, trying to ruin it for the rest of us.

Also there is some talk of starting a new music website which is going to be fun. It'll kind of be like a blog, but with more structure.

In honour of that, here's a few musical thoughts of the day:

I really enjoyed listening to 'Wincing The Night Away' by The Shins while riding the train in the sun.
I'm listening to 'Abattoir Blues' for the first time. Shocking I know. I like it.

I'm still obsessed with Treme- in particular Davis Mcleary





And...I think Steven Tyler is sexy overload:



Maybe because he just looks like a pretty woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment